Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 24 11:09:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:48:57PM +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > > SELinux? You have to be kidding, aren't you?
> >
> > Show me an in-production server doing anything slightly out of the bounds of
> > the expected, and I'll show you a machine with SELinux turned off. :)
>
> That it is not yet super-easy to use SELinux on servers doesn't mean
> that it is unusable. It is perfectly possible to use it on most servers
> but it of course requires some effort from the sysadmin to learn it.

If it is that difficult on Fedora/RHEL to have sysadmins add /sbin to
their $PATHs if they need it, then we can divert them by asking them
to understand selinux first. ;)

(I think selinux is a wonderful technology, but it really requires
highly skilled admins to perform anything non-trivial - and I'm more
than happy with Dan's dumb users' management, me being one of them! :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net