Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Apr 24 11:25:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 11:01 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 02:33 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > >
> > > I hope that hasn't become the only target while I wasn't looking.
> > I regret having to say so, but I find this to be an apparent fact.
> >
> > A lost of what is being sold as "great achievements in Fedora" is
> > desktop centric and lacks generality. Some pieces are even close to be
> > unusable outside of desktops (e.g. NM, PA, SELinux).
>
> SELinux? You have to be kidding, aren't you?

Nope, absolutely not.

The selinux-policies in Fedora 8 by no means fit into my network's usage
(nfs mounted homes, automount, networked printers, write access for
individual users to  /var/ftp/<....>), as well as I don't see that this
selinux-applet (sorry, don't recall its correct name) is useful.

After having played with Fedora 8/selinux policies for several months,
having fought with many false alarms, I came to the conclusion that
selinux is not ready for use in a network and switched it off.

Ralf