Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 24 15:23:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:34:04AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> If you know something is broken and you need to fix it then why use
>> sudo on every call to something needing root privileges and not do the
>> right thing and su -/sudo -i and diagnose and fix the problem?
>>
> And you never have multiple screens on a machine open when you're
> diagnosing a problem?

Sure, always when X is around.

> And in one window you're busily typing away root commands while the other
> is tailing your applications log file as a normal user.

Why a normal user? Is this a remote system in pain managed by myself
or is this my desktop system I happen to be logged on as a non-root
user?

I don't see multiple xterms as an argument to running diagnosics and
other utils as non-root. The only time I would like to become non-root
on these systems is to see whether there are any ACL issues with what
I just fixed.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net