Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Axel Thimm wrote:
And in one window you're busily typing away root commands while the other is tailing your applications log file as a normal user.

Why a normal user? Is this a remote system in pain managed by myself
or is this my desktop system I happen to be logged on as a non-root
user?

I don't see multiple xterms as an argument to running diagnosics and
other utils as non-root. The only time I would like to become non-root
on these systems is to see whether there are any ACL issues with what
I just fixed.

You don't become non-root. You start off as non-root. Then you su - as needed. Opening up a connection and su - may well be what I did in the first window immediately. But in the second terminal why bother with that? My immediate concern was tailing the already readable log file. No reason to su -; cd /wherever/i/was/before/i/used/su ; tail -f app.log. Running getenforce is a spur of the moment inspiration. It should be simple to Ctrl-Z that log; sudo getenforce; fg since I'm doing something else in the terminal where I'm already su'd.

-Toshio