Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Les Mikesell wrote:
Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

The ifconfig argument here is wasted, at least on me, since I agree that ifconfig could be symlinked to /bin. I don't agree, however, to put everything from */sbin/ into */bin/.

Yet you've failed to show any problem that would result. What kind of argument is that? The biggest problem I see is that using 'su' vs. 'su -' causes different things, and even if you know the difference (which you probably don't want to learn while you are trying to fix something else), you may not want the other side effects of 'su -' like changing cwd.

Since you insist on having an argument to this vary brief note...

It would just be plain wrong!

/Thomas