Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:27:15 UTC 2008

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

> Someone clever once came up with the great KISS concept.
>
> Applied to this particular problem, we should try to make things simple
> (as in easy) for all users and admins while keeping the system simple
> (as in complexity).
>
> That solution has already been subscribed in the thread over and over,
> symlink the tools that make sense from */sbin/ to */bin/ and be done
> with it. It will solve all issues in both camps and we can carry on.

If you don't take them all, how does this solve the problem that 'su'
vs. 'su -' will still not have all the same things included in your
path?   Personally, I'd rather see everything moved to /bin and /usr/bin
with /sbin and /user/sbin changed to compatibility symlinks, but that
can only be done cleanly during a new install (or maybe wrapped in a
reboot).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com