Garbled fonts after upgrading to F-9 (continue)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:03:12 UTC 2008

Hello All!
I discovered that this nasty issue with fonts isn't a Firefox-only.
See my screenshot with Psi:

http://peter.fedorapeople.org/bad_fonts_psi.png  (Note ~1.5 Mbyte size)

Looks like something broken in X with font rendering.

My machine is powerpc-based:

http://www.smolts.org/client/show?uuid=pub_1b7e5d26-dbec-461f-af16-716b52ad2281

Right now I think that was very hasty decision - to update my primary
home machine to F-9. There many other issues, I discovered recently -
mplayer can't disable screensaver, wpa_supplicant still starts later
than network, weird dependencies (bluez-utils depends on samba-common)
etc.

--
With best regards!