how to avoid package naming conflicts?

Holger Dörner hod at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 26 04:55:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have just a short (and maybe stupid) question:
I want to build a RPM and SRPM for a library, cause I need the latest
version from upstream. My problem is, the package allready exists in
Fedora repo (older version), so there would be a naming conflict.
How do I avoid this conflict? Just put something in the name to identify
it clearly?

Btw: The library is libewf and I need it for sleuthkit for forensics,
but it doesn't build with current libewf in F8. If all goes fine I also
would like to set up my own repo.

Thank you so far.

Regards,
--