Orphaning package

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Apr 26 22:23:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 07:49:51AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Can you email the issues you're having to
> fedora-extras-steering at redhat.com please?  Perhaps we can look them over
> and find an amicable way to solve them for everyone involved.

Looking at te bug reports Alain posted in another mail, there seems to
be 2 issues. One is that he has proposed patches for packaging issues
for years without being heard. The second is, in my opinion, a less
problematic issue of a bug being closed to rapidly.

The first one is, in my opinion, a contributor killer issue and I have
been reporting it more than once. It is not acceptable to have packagers
not handling rapidly bugs where submitter proposes patches, or volunteer
to take care of the issue. FESCo should really come up with a guideline
or a solution for such issues, which is not a case-by-case decision.
It is especially frustrating when a contributor has done some work and
still the package maintainer doesn't seems to care at all about it.

--
Pat