Re: F9 installation screenshot

2008/4/29 Amitakhya Phukan <aphukan fedora gmail com>:
>  i managed to take a screenshot while updating my F8 to F9 rawhide. i chose
> "upgrade existing installation". everything was smooth. but there was this
> progress bar movement that really surprised me. it said it had to update 915
> packages. at 496 packages, isn't it more than 50% complete ? the progress
> bar however is at far less than 50%. is that expected behaviour ? why ??

I think that progress bar shows the % of the *size* that's been
installed, not the *number* of packages. Watch when you install
something big like openoffice -- the bar jumps a lot after that
installation's been completed.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universit√§t M√ľnchen