Monodevelop and video card recommedations

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:23:47 UTC 2008

[someone else wrote:]
>  > I have a Radeon 9200 AGP card. It was relatively cheap and doesn't have
>  > its own fan, which is nice. I bought it a while ago now, so I don't know
>  > how easy they are to get any more. (Avoid SE verions or 9250s as they are
>  > slower versions of the same device and probably aren't enough cheaper to
>  > warrent getting them.)

It's the "9250 SE" that's slower (half the speed). The "9250 pro" is
twice as fast (memory bandwidth) as the "9200" (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units
for details).

>  I've spotted at 128Mb ATi Radeon 9250 on eBay for about 20 UKP. Any
>  comments on if it works fine in Rawhide?

If it's the "9250 Pro", then it's almost identical to the 9200, 240
instead of 250 MHz clock, is available in 8x AGP and PCI-e variants,
and has pretty solid 3d support up to F8; rawhide still seems to have
teething problems, but Dave Airlie et al are working their butts off.