Multilib Middle-Ground

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 18:18:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 02:04:07PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> As Bill said - the whitelist is just pain to maintain. So, if we want
> something like this then we make it a tag at the rpm level. Heck, you
> can have it be a rather innocuous provides that we could hack into yum
> to look for:
>
> Provides: look-for-i386-too

The i386 Gtk IM plugins wouldn't be used if gtk2.i386 isn't installed,
right?  Similarly PAM i386 modules aren't needed when pam.i386 isn't
installed and NSS i386 modules when glibc.i[36]86 isn't installed.
In that case it would be best if this kind of dependency was somehow encoded
in the packages, rather than just forcing installation of unneeded i386
packages.

	Jakub