F9 installation screenshot

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Apr 30 19:57:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:52 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> I, for one was glad when those (and previous redneck jokes) were
> kicked out of the installer. The text and imagery used were just too
> US-centric to be comfortable, and got old fast.

It's a two way street.

Yes, it's cool to hate America these days. I'm no fan of our current
foreign policy myself. But it is still rather insulting in many circles
that you paint all Americans as being rednecks like you just did.

IMHO, the problem with blunting everything down to the point that there
is no chance of making anyone, anywhere in the world even slightly
uncomfortable, is that the inevitable result is a bland, boring,
completely uninteresting product. Yes, we need to be careful to avoid
major cultural and religious blunders, but do we really want to be as
boring as Microsoft?

So, we're all rednecks. When are we going to see a NASCAR stock car in
Fedora livery?