Quick meeting about the state of Fedora 10 Alpha

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 11:59:53 UTC 2008

I'd like to have a quick meeting about the state of the alpha with all
those concerned (and decision makers).  I know for a fact that split
media isn't working, I'm curious about other things too, so that we can
made a slip/no-slip decision.

I realize that alpha contents haven't really been accessible to the
general community, and that's an issue we need to address at some point.
Doing a non-blocking freeze means that rawhide trucks on, which is good
for some, but alpha content sortof gets hidden except for those in the
"know" about where to find them (often only on internal machines, or
self done composes).  I'd rather not hash this issue out during the
above meeting, and instead use it as a topic for the next rel-eng
meeting (where we're not slammed with alpha issues).

Could spin owners (KDE, Desktop), QA, Kernel, etc.. all be available in
the next couple hours for an IRC meeting?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!