Old fakeroot bug on F7 onwards - where to download from

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 09:35:49 UTC 2008

Hi!

Fedora 7, 8 and 9 are shipping a version of fakeroot that is affected
by a somewhat nasty race condition.

The bug was characterised here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=381016 , and with
trivial repo steps here
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=446351 . This bug was
fixed in 1.8.2 - F7,8,9 ship 1.6.4.

Hopefully, F9/F8 can get an updated version of the package included.
Help and pointers welcome :-) If that's not possible, I will prepare a
package for the school server and offer it here.

To Clint  - looking for a link to the latest version to grace this
email, I cannot find a source package or a tagged package anywhere.
The most recent release I can see on Debian is 1.9.5 on Lenny and
1.9.6 on Sid, but there are no upstream tarballs on Alioth. Fakeroot
is useful on many platforms - is it possible to arrange for publishing
the tarballs somewhere?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions