Fedora 9 on ASUS EeePC 900

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Aug 4 10:29:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 01:43:26AM -0300, jeff wrote:

> I have a kernel available for the ASUS EeePC 701 and 900. It supports all
> hardware, including wifi (ath5k). It should work fine with fedora 9 systems.

What are, except for the working ath5k, the differences with the latest
F9 update kernel?

AFAICS the latest F9 kernel also supports everything, except the wireless
card (the ath5k driver is loaded, but not functioning).  I got that
working now with the latest madwifi driver (including latest HAL stuff,
the latest madwifi driver itself did not work).

Can we expect a standard F9 kernel with a working ath5k driver soon?

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>