ANNOUNCE: rpmgrok - a web-based tool for tracking a full distribution of RPMs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 6 20:42:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 03:35:45PM -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> I've been working on a new web-based tool for analyzing Fedora: rpmgrok
>
> It digests built RPMs, analysing the metadata and payload, and stores
> the results in a database.  There's a web UI for viewing the data, an
> XML-RPC interface for querying it, and a command-line tool for using the
> XML-RPC interface.
>
> I've got a prototype running on:
> http://publictest7.fedoraproject.org/rpmgrok
>
> More info (e.g. source code) can be seen at
> https://fedorahosted.org/rpmgrok
>
> The idea is to provide a new way for Fedora developers, testers, and
> other enthusiasts to track various things across the entire
> distribution, without having to have a full tree installed.  It's
> probably usable by other Linux distributions.

I like the part with the "Errors and warnings from rpmlint". I can
imagine that someone that's say an expert on "invalid-desktopfile"
issues could now dig into this much easier. Very nice!

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net