Proposed new feature: Provers

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 10:45:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 05:18:21PM -0400, David A. Wheeler wrote:
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Provers

You might want to consider adding CIL to the list.  It's already in
Fedora (as 'ocaml-cil'), I use it quite a bit, but the package needs a
little love & I would appreciate a co-maintainer with some time to fix
some of the packaging bugs and keep up with upstream versions.

For anyone wondering about CIL, it's a brilliant C parser and static
analysis tool, quite simple to use, which supports gcc extensions and
can be used to analyze the Linux kernel and other significant C
programs.  I wrote a quick intro here with some pretty pictures:

  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/cil-analysis-of-libvirt/

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/