AWOL Maintainer: Krzysztof Kurzawski

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 12:22:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 12:45 +0200, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 10:30 +0200, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> >> How so?
> >
> > I really am going to try to make a good stab at maintaining the
> packages
> > I'm proposing for Fedora, but as I won't list my 'Vacations' in
> public,
>
> I don't mean to pester, but I'm curious.  You have an averstion to
> documenting when you won't be available online, why?

Because some people value privacy and his own business ?

Besides 2 weeks may seem ok for an US PoV, cause we do not get vacations
here but in Europe and other parts of the world, people get normally 4/5
weeks of vacation time and it is not rare for people to go on vacation
in places where there is no internet access (and I do not blame them if
they don't want to connect even if available during their vacation).

A 2 weeks awol policy seem overly restrictive, although having
co-maintainers is certainly a smart idea for anybody.

Simo.