BrOffice.org in Fedora 10

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:43:00 UTC 2008

Hello!

I saw that Fedora 10 Alpha doesn't have BrOffice.org packages in the
installation media. BrOffice.org is the Brazilian brand for
OpenOffice.org, see bug #358021 for more details.

It would be good if we have this bits included for Fedora 10, since the
packages are small and the use of "OpenOffice.org" brand could represent
a legal hazard in Brazil for Fedora and RHEL, but I'm not sure how to

Besides the inclusion of these packages we will need to make some
changes to comps in order to get BrOffice.org packages instead of
OpenOffice.org ones when user selects pt_BR language in installation.
I've already talked with Caolan, the OpenOffice.org packager about that,
but I need some more guidance about this issue. I'd like to know what it
takes to get that BrOffice.org layer included in the installation media
(if possible) and how to handle it properly.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares
Brazilian Portuguese Localization Coordinator