BrOffice.org in Fedora 10

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 20:34:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 12:28 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Umm, except they're different executables.  What's the actual expected
> > behavior if you have both broffice.org-writer and openoffice.org-writer
> > installed?
>
> I'm pretty sure the broffice.org packages aren't actual executables..
> its the necessary branding junk to rebrand what it calls itself in the
> UI.

There are different executables, different menu items, different
associations thus leading to more confusion if someone gets both
installed.

And the only apparent difference I see is that the splash screen says
it's "BrOffice" instead of "OpenOffice".

What sort of value is this really providing to our userbase?

Jeremy