Fedora Package Status of Aug 12, 2008 [gnome-ppp]

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 07:30:03 UTC 2008

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 12.08.2008, 09:48 +0300 schrieb Ville Skyttä:

>>> Seems like your script does not check for orphans properly. gnome-ppp is
>>> listed both as missing in the devel repo _AND_ orphaned:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Potential_pr
>>> oblems
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#Fedora_packa
>>> ges_dropped_between_release_9_and_devel
>> Is the package's status EOL?  If so, it has not been properly marked as such:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
>
> Not true. I followed all the steps in the list except 5. I did not do 5.
> because
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages says
> that page isn't up to date anyway and one should better use pkgedb.

somewhat of a tangent -- being able to differentiate between orphaned
and retired packages in the package database is coming soon.  maploin
has been hard at work making the UI and the backend use the status field
to mark orphan, retired, and other useful statuses.

-Toshio