OpenChange/Samba4/Heimdal stack status, call for contributors

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 13 02:04:08 UTC 2008

Rex,

I'm just a bit confused (because I am still a bit green to this process)
as to what I need to do next on the OpenChange stack.  Is it just (quite
reasonably, given the scope of the work) awaiting more of your time, or
is it blocking on me (and I've not realised it)?

In any case, (and the reason for CC'ing fedora-devel) I would really
like some fellow (or sole, I'm more than happy to just hand this stack
over to others) package maintainers.  It is a big stack, and due to it's
nature the fedora packaging and policy application is not trivial.  As
such, I would love some more help in this area (and the more packaging
help I get, the more time I can spend on upstream Samba4 development)

Moving this along soon would, I hope, allow the OpenChange feature to
make it into the Fedora 10 release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange

(I also happen to think that Heimdal Kerberos, and indeed Samba4 in
general are great features, and perhaps we also need to have a separate
discussion about the merits of using them more).

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett