AWOL process for Jeff Carlson

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 20:51:13 UTC 2008

I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
against Jeff Carlson. Jeff has not touched his packages in a long
while and one of them 'zile' [2] has missed a number of upstream
releases since then. An effort was made to contact by filing a bug
against 'zile': https://bugzilla.redhat.com/447125 However even after
subsequent reminders he did not respond. Attempts were made to contact
him over email, but it looks like his email address is also out of
order. So chances are he his not even getting the Bugzilla emails.

In the meantime a new contributor, Rakesh [3], has come forward, who
is interested in one of his packages -- zile. As the package had not
been touched by a human for quite sometime and Rakesh needed a sponsor
a review was submitted: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/449879 Since then
Rakesh has been sponsored and his review request approved.

So can we declare Jeff Carlson as AWOL and transfer ownership of
'zile' to Rakesh?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers