WARNING: Empathy/Haze & MC Profiles Update: Slight Manual Fixing Required

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Aug 14 03:45:14 UTC 2008

Hi, all.

The Mission Control profiles in the telepathy-haze-mission-control
package were originally created manually based on the Jabber/XMPP
profile to allow Telepathy-using applications to support the basics of
libpurple's more common protocols: AIM/ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo! IM.

However, these are getting rather stale and upstream Empathy already has
nicely-working profiles for Haze (with more protocol support than the
old subpackage). So, in an effort to more closely track upstream's code
and profiles (therefore slightly reducing the package maintenance work),
I have committed and am now building new telepathy-haze and empathy
packages that use Empathy's profiles instead of manually-created ones.

These should hit tomorrow's rawhide but unfortunately it means that the
profiles have been renamed. I have included a script named
"upgrade-haze-profiles.sh" (installed as documentation) with Empathy
that automagically fixes this on a per-user basis; but this script needs
to be run manually.

(Come to think of it, we may need to add this as a minor upgrade-related
fix in the Release Notes...)

Thanks, and happy hacking. :]
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479