Pushing cmake 2.6 to F9

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Aug 15 18:23:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> I've gotten a request to update cmake to 2.6 in F-9.  Does anyone have any
> objections?  There can be some slight incompatibilities, but are generally
> easily fixed.

Yes, I object. It has some substantial incompatibilities with cmake
2.4.8 that break some of the software I work on (Second Life). The
bugs in question are fixed in 2.6.1, but I don't think it would be a
good idea to build and push that, either: you'll break *someone*
unexpectedly, and they won't be reading this list until it's too late.