Dropping mknbi from F10

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 05:44:49 UTC 2008

I am dropping mknbi from F10 for the following reasons:

* NBI images generated by mknbi have completely failed to boot anything
with modern Fedora kernels.
* ELF images generated by mknbi don't work with coreboot with Etherboot.
  mkelfimage ELF images seem to work everywhere ELF netboot is expected
to work including coreboot.
* wraplinux NBI seems to work everywhere NBI is expected to work.
* wraplinux is actively maintained by hpa upstream and he instantly
fixes whatever we ask for.  Meanwhile mknbi is a steaming pile of
ancient, unmaintained buggy code
* LTSP relies on mkelfimage (for ELF) and wraplinux (for NBI), so there
is no reason for mknbi to exist anymore.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com