reset ssh keys, even if only a public key in fedora?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Aug 21 08:28:04 UTC 2008

On Thu August 21 2008, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> 2008/8/20 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> > Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> >> So, does this mean we can re-upload the *same* public key as before,
> >> or do we need to generate a new one?
> >
> > Generating a new one is recommended.
>
> And if the public key that I previously uploaded is one that I also
> use on other systems, should I use a new key on those other systems
> too? Just making sure I "do the right thing" here ...

If you think your current private ssh key was compromised by using it on the
Fedora Infrastructure, you should not use the new key for more than one
project. Whatever happened to compromise your old key, can also happen to
compromise your new key on any system from any other project giving the
admins of these machines access to your Fedora SSH account.

Regards,
Till