upcoming varnish-2.0, or running a test suite that starts and connects to a daemon

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Aug 22 11:47:14 UTC 2008

Ingvar Hagelund wrote:
> But when I run the test suite from within rpmbuild, most of the tests
> fails or hangs every time, and the problem seems to be related to some
> missing communication between the test scripts and the test server process.

If I remove the comment on %{__make} check and build varnish,
it doesn't run any checks at all. It just complains about a missing
libvarnish.so.0:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/varnish-cache/bin/varnishtest'
/usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/varnish-cache/bin/varnishtest'
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/varnish-cache/bin/varnishtest/.libs/lt-varnishtest:
error while loading shared libraries: libvarnish.so.0: cannot open
FAIL: ./tests/a00000.vtc

So is the build system using an already installed libvarnish.so.0
if one is available and not the newly built libvarnish.so.0?

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk