system autodeath

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 14:59:15 UTC 2008

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:22:41PM -0400, max wrote:
>> Informing people of the dangers is the right thing to do, forcing them down
>> your path is never the right thing to do.
>
> Here's the thing: they're on that path, the path we put them on by making
No. People choose Fedora and if they choose not to inform themselves
that's their problem. We have to live with our choices that's an
integral part of being free. If you need someone to make your decisions
for you then go live somewhere that is the accepted ideal. I am not a
robot and I won't stand for being treated like one. I have to make my
own mistakes, learn from them and move on.

> Fedora so attractive. The path, however, leads to the top of a big cliff,
> below which swim hungry sharks. We should definitely put some signs at the
> top of the cliff. And we should do this: put a net to catch anyone who falls
> over anyway.

Posting signs is one thing but if your informed that your coming up on a
cliff and you keep the gas pedal to the floor then good riddance.
Stupidity inspires its own demise, you start holding hands here and
you'll never stop. People have to learn to accept the consequences of
their actions and how to deal with the aftermath of bad judgement calls.
You cannot have a free society otherwise.
Ultimately that is what this is about, its not a matter of technical
details it can be done, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
You've been informed, now you must decide, that is the price of freedom
and it cannot be avoided.

--
"Mountains and canyons start to tremble and shake, children of the sun
begin to awake...."  --Led Zeppelin - Going to California