what should we be doing at this point?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Aug 22 19:11:36 UTC 2008

On 22 Aug 2008 13:48:29 -0500
Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> PH> I'm coming from goalkeeper.city-fan.org [212.56.100.58].
>
> This IP is blocked by denyhosts.
>
> PH> I could have generated quite a few failures as I periodically did
> PH> a "cvs diff" to check if cvs was back, but this was after cvs had
> PH> been working for me and the failure mode has consistently been the
> PH> same since then.
>
> The host was blocked on 2008-08-21 14:09:08 (GMT) after fifteen login
> failures.

Well I've certainly made many more than 15 attempts but I wonder why
the first 15 failures happened in the first place? My new ssh key was
working before then as I made a commit to libpng10 between 22:00 and
23:00 (UTC) on the 20th, which showed up on fedora-extras-commits.

> It turns out I don't have sufficient access to remove your host from
> the list, but I've requested that such be done.

Thanks very much. Will I get an email when that's done as it's probably
not a good idea for me to keep trying it until it works... ?

Cheers, Paul.