Fedora User Certificates

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:59:31 UTC 2008

2008/8/22 Kai Engert <kaie at redhat.com>:
> Parts of the Fedora infrastructure do not use certificates issued by a
> CA already trusted by Firefox, but from Fedora's own certificate authority.
>
> If you decide to trust Fedora to issue certificates that can identify
> web sites, you could decide to import that CA cert to your set of
> trusted roots.
>
> You could go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/fingerprints and install
> the CA certificate available from the bottom of that page.
>
> (Unfortunately the mime type currently is not application/x-x509-ca-cert
> so you have to safe that file, and then open it, you might even have to
> go to certificate manager and open the authorities tab, then import from
> there.)
>
> You can confirm the origin of the certificate by comparing the
> fingerprint presented by Firefox with the one listed on the fingerprints
> page (at least you'll know that the fingerprints page and the CA are
> controlled by the same people).
>
> Hope that helps,
> Kai

Has anyone had any luck importing the revocation list into Firefox?
When I choose the import button on the revocation list tab, I do not
get a file browser like I do with the other options.  I just get a box
asking me where the revocation list information is stored, with a text
field.  I put the absolute pathname in, click OK ... and nothing
happens.  No error messages.  No success either.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/