Intrusion/server status

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Aug 26 00:24:23 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net> said:
> On Monday, 25 August 2008 at 23:10, nodata wrote:
> > The Red Hat docs stress communication as important.
>
> There's some speculation on fedora-advisory-board that might explain
> the information blackout, so please don't jump to conclusions until
> you really know what happened.

Well, there has been a lack of communication about this whole thing.
Was it a case of someone having access that shouldn't, was there a
security breach (in which case are my servers vulnerable), etc.?

Is something still going on?  I tried to see if the above list has
public archives, but now Red Hat's website is apparently off-line
(placeholder page) and Bugzilla is refusing connections.

Nobody likes having bad things to say, but in the absence of
information, rumors and speculation fill the gap (which is not good).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>