Time to resurrect multi-key signatures in RPM?

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu Aug 28 23:25:39 UTC 2008

David A. Wheeler <dwheeler <at> dwheeler.com> writes:

> Unsurprisingly, it requires determinism (e.g., recompiling the same
> program with the same compiler, on & for the same architecture,
> produces the same binary).

As you say:
  $   # If a.out and a.out.saved are always identical (except internal
  $   # timestamps, if any) then the compiler is deterministic.

And I could almost swear it is also possible to (automatically) edit binaries
that are different due to different environments (i.e. think things that embed
uname -v, perl -V etc.) so that a baseline is established and _then_
checksummed, giving the correct (i.e. relevant) comparison.

--
Bojan