libgnutls-openssl and real openssl conflict

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 06:01:59 UTC 2008

John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> writes:
> Is there a concerted effort or SIG around this in Fedora?  I've been
> seeing a lot of the associated bugs attached to this tracker
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=333741&hide_resolved=1
>   as I triage NEW rawhide bugs.

Well, as one of the people who got hit with several of those "Port <foo>
to use NSS library for cryptography" bugs, with no offer of help for a
pretty large (and potentially security-critical) effort nor even a word
of explanation of why I should give a damn about it, I can say that this
was certainly one of the worst-managed feature proposals I've ever seen.

NSS will get into my packages when someone else does the porting work
and then convinces the various upstreams to adopt it.  I'm not planning
to lift a finger on either front.

			regards, tom lane