rawhide report: 20080829 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 21:17:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 19:57 +0000, Rawhide Report wrote:
> - add support for noarch subpackages

Erm, what exactly does this mean?  In the realm of Koji, for non-noarch
packages we send off the srpm to be built once on each arch, and collect
the output.  Right now, all that output is unique per arch.  What's
going to happen when each arch build produces the same noarch
subpackage?

Kernel works around this by having an additional build put through of
arch "noarch", which is a setting at the koji level.  We only ever get
one set of noarch build output.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!