Alsa problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 23:39:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a problem which seems to be Alsa related. I
have a really small C# test piece which just plays a wav file via
System.Media.PlaySound. Code compiles and it works under Win32. Under
rawhide, nada sound at all.

When I run alsamixergui, it looks like alsa is trying to use pulseaudio
rather than my Audigy card and there is no way to change this via
alsamixergui.

I've noticed similar problems with alsa when using mplayer. Is there a
way to get alsa to use my Audigy card correctly?

TTFN

Paul