NetworkManager-pptp

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 15:31:02 UTC 2008

I was pleased to see this package hanging out in Koji today. Thanks
Dan for packaging it, I've been looking forward to seeing this in
Fedora.

I've installed the x86_64 package from Koji to try it out on my F9
machine. Am I being too eager? :-)

Anyway, I've configured up my VPN connection but I can't get it to
work. Whatever I try, I always get the following:

Aug 30 16:05:40 sd NetworkManager: <info>  Starting VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp'...
Aug 30 16:05:40 sd NetworkManager: <info>  VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp' started
(org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp), PID 6587
Aug 30 16:05:40 sd NetworkManager: <WARN>  vpn_service_watch_cb(): VPN
service 'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp' exited with error: 1
Aug 30 16:05:45 sd NetworkManager: <info>  VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp' did not start in time,
cancelling connections

Currently, I connect to the VPN with this script (login details
censored, obviously):

http://www.matbooth.co.uk/lwd/start-vpn

Which works reasonably well. How can I make NetworkManager-pptp
connect using the settings I use in that script? What's the best way
to go about debugging this?

Regards,
Mat

--