OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 12:58:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 06:26 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:40:52AM +0200, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> > * Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> [20080728 06:47]:
> > >
> > > Basically you want a mailinglist for all the discussions that
> > > experienced users and contributors are tired of seeing repeated?
> >
> > Jeff,
> >
> > comp.os.linux.advocacy - something along those lines. If you call it
> > "fedora-advocacy", "fedora-politics" or
> > "fedora-welcome-to-where-idiots-roam", I don't really mind.
>
> Seconded. I've given up on the fedora-list for the most part, and its driving
> users way from the Fedora project.

If there's anything driving people off it's the closed mindedness of the
GNU-Stallman cult.  That's why Ubuntu is kicking your a.

>  I don't care if its fedora-ranting, or
> just fedora-without-alexanfre-and-les we set up but soemthing needs doing
> before it has a debian-legal like toxic effect on the whole userbase

The "toxic effect" on the userbase is coming from the GNU fanatics.
Again, that's why you're losing.

> That or the fedora board could actually tell them to shut up and kick them off
> if they don't

But yet it's the realm of ideas and open discussion, is it not?  Oh,
sorry, as long as it's what the AC god wants to hear.

--LX