RFC: Firefox general.autoScroll to true

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sat Aug 2 16:58:36 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-08-02, o godz. 18:23:29 Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com>
napisał(a):

> The three-button mice are no longer manufactured and trying to click with the
> scrolling wheel is a pain as it usually scrolls away instead
I have no problem with clicking my middle button, which is also the wheel.
If I had a device with a button that can't be clicked, I'd replace it. If you
accept paying for mouse with unoperable buttons (or: have a mouse without the
middle button), use emulation. No big deal.

> While the middle-button pasting was a great convenience it should be
> reconsidered nowadays as the hardware for it is no longer commonly available.
Not only aren't good mice any problem for moderately agile people, my two and a
million other Thinkpads all had three buttons for the joystick. I'd swear this
hardware is still commonly available.

Regards,

Lam