Conflicts in Rawhide i386 (part 2)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Aug 4 13:03:58 UTC 2008

Thomas Moschny wrote:
> 2008/8/4 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:
>> As the coda packager, let me add the following useful info (not) I've no
>> idea what will break with regards to coda if this binary is renamed. It
>> seems to be a utility which gets called from other coda processes.
>
> So ... it should probably be moved to %{_libexecdir}/coda/parser, no?

Maybe, I haven't investigated that close yet, as I simply don't have the time
for it. Given thatb packages which contain /usr/bin/parser are pretty obscure
packages, the chances of a user actually hitting this problem are small.

That does not mean that it should not be fixed, but that does make it a low
priority thing for me.

Patches (from people who have done their homework and know exactly for what and
when "parser" in coda is used) are welcome.

Regards,

Hans