How do I handle selinux for an Apache module?

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Sun Aug 10 06:12:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 12:06:09AM -0230, David Carter wrote:
> Hey folks!
>
> I'm a newbie to package submission, and I've encountered some selinux
> issues when packaging my Apache module. The module runs fine without
> selinux, but won't run without some new rules and file configurations.
>
> How is this normally handled in packages? Am I expected to add
> configurations to handle this? How do I handle cases where selinux isn't
> enabled?

I know some provide a -selinux sub-package to deal with doing selinux
policy changes.  I'm not sure if this is the official, preferred way or
not however.  And there's no real automated way for someone installing
your package (who has selinux enabled on their machine) to even be
aware that the -selinux package exists.  I ran into this with awstats.
So you might make mention of it in the README.Fedora for the main
package at the very least.

Ray