F10A Blue Knight Rider - KITT are we there yet?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 13:09:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 22:20 -0600, Jerry Williams wrote:
> The Fedora 10 Alpha reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider only Blue
> instead of red.
>
> My problem with it is there is no indication at to how much longer it
> might be.
>
> Are we there yet?

I have an updated progress bar for plymouth that should hit rawhide
later today.  It's still wrong, in that it doesn't estimate how much
longer it'll be, but it does go back to having a solid bar that fills up
as time progresses.

There's no sane way to actually estimate how long it'll take to boot,
short of recording the previous boot time.  Which is what we'll do, of
course.

- ajax