BrOffice.org in Fedora 10

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:32:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> Indeed.   :-/  This is just overall a pretty thorny problem ...

Given that we don't know what the legal burden actually is....
but we do not its limited by a national jurisdiction and not by language....
If there is a legal burden at all to in hide the OpenOffice.org
trademarks in Brazil specifically..regardless of language being
spoken..would be to distribute a specially created version of Fedora
inside Brazil.

If there is a legal burden that must be met inside Brazil with regard
to the OpenOffice trademarks.. I'm not sure how any technical hocus
pocus in the installer will be sufficient to cover whatever legal
liability is present for the people handing out stock Fedora media.

-jef