major boost breakage

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:03:56 UTC 2008

Den 12. aug. 2008 16.30 skrev Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:

> On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 15:38 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> >  Do we have documentation on the wiki on how to do this?
>
> A) Define "this"
>
> B) probably not as there are many variables each time it's done, for
> each package.  This is currently one of those "tribal knowledge" things
> for people who maintain a package that is consumed by numerous other
> packages.

sometimes it comes in handy to be able to queue up a mock build where you
insert packages to test rebuilding in a clean environment. Say in this case,
first we build a clean libboost, then we insert it into subsequent mock
builds to test what breaks. I was wondering if mock which is generally
magical could do that and if so if it was documented.

- David