MinGW devel rpms

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 16:06:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 15:58 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> The fact that the Board has meetings in private and publishes minutes
> somewhere on the net _does not_ exclude them from being courteous to
> the people they are discussing.  And at the very least _inform them
> directly of decisions that were made_, and _make detailed reasoning
> available to them_ so they can understand why those decisions were
> made.  I think this decision was misinformed.  But maybe it isn't
> misinformed - no idea, because there is no IRC log of the meeting[1].

You really needed us to explicitly tell you that we decided FESCo should
handle the technical aspects of it?  See, I considered it a
non-decision.  A decision would have been "don't let it in", or "do this
with it".  Instead we let things continue as they should, packaging
committee working on a packaging draft for it, FESCo with oversight.  So
it's like we never actually talked about it, because nothing actually
happened.

This is why I'm so surprised that you're so worked up over this.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!