F10Alpha installer automatically searching "Everything" repo?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Aug 13 00:23:53 UTC 2008

I know that, as of a couple of releases ago, Anaconda had the ability to
incorporate external yum repository into the upgrade cycle, so that it ends
upgrading both the core packages and packages from external repos. I never
used this option. I prefer to quickly get the core update out of the way,
reboot, then proceed to upgrade all the extra packages.

I just started the F10 Alpha installer to upgrade from F9. It started
spinning away, and away… I flipped to the console window, and saw that it
established an http connection to one of the Fedora mirrors. I don't recall
enabling remote repo access in the F10 installer. Can someone confirm that
I'm not missing something here, and that the F10 installer will indeed
automatically enable remote repos.

If so, then I don't think this is wise. At least, offer an option to
disable it.