F10Alpha installer automatically searching "Everything" repo?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Aug 13 22:37:58 UTC 2008

Chris Lumens writes:

>> I just started the F10 Alpha installer to upgrade from F9. It started
>> spinning away, and away??? I flipped to the console window, and saw that
>> it established an http connection to one of the Fedora mirrors. I don't
>> recall enabling remote repo access in the F10 installer. Can someone
>> confirm that I'm not missing something here, and that the F10 installer
>> will indeed automatically enable remote repos.
>
> If you don't give it somewhere else to install from (via passing the
> repo= command line option), it will default to using the Fedora
> mirrorlist.  There's the repo editor if you would like to change that,
> though it's a little busted right now.  Working on that.

Errr -- I told it exactly where to install from. When Anaconda started,
stage 1 asked me for the install method, I picked "install from a URL",
which I understood to be what what "install via HTTP" in previous releases,
and I gave it the http URL to my loopback-mounted DVD install image. It
loaded stage 2 just fine, from my loopback-mounted, but then completely
forgot about it, and then installed from a remote repo, all night.

I don't need a repo editor. I just need it to load packages from the URL I
told Anaconda to install from, just like I've done many times in pre-F10.

Bug 458899