Evolution unstable due to being unable to expunge folder

mike at miketc.net mike at miketc.net
Fri Aug 15 18:40:07 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> Evolution seems to be rather problematic for me currently. It is unable
> to expunge folders (and sometimes store folders). When I try to expunge
> a folder, it fails with an error that says "Detected a corrupt mbox file
> or an invalid 'From' header".
>
> I've deleted the index files and recreated them (which screws my email
> up something rotten!) but still can't expunge. I've also deleted all of
> the emails and then tried to expunge. I get "storing folder x%" (where x
> can be anything) and then it fails.
>
> This inability to store the folders is causing evolution to become very
> unstable (crashes quite a few times every 10 minutes). I've tried
> evolution --force-shutdown and then restarting and expunging, but get
> the same problem.
>
> Any ideas on fixing this? I'm using evolution 2.23.6-1.fc10.i386

Noticing this as well and already brought up and known.  It's a new way of
cacheing is what was explained to me, and was mentioned that hopefully in
the next point release it will be fixed.  See the archives in the last 2-3
days as I mentioned this and was told be the maintainer I believe.  Guess
we just need to wait for gnome to release another version if not already
done and for it to trickle down stream.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00544.html

I've had to resort to my webmail for now as I get tired of the crashing,
even on checking emails via pop.

Mike Chambers