mono and silverlight

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 22:05:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

> >--with-moonlight=yes,no If you want to build the Moonlight 2.1
> >assemblies
> >
> >A quick look through the codebase doesn't show anything much though...
>
> From the mono README file:
>
> --with-moonlight=yes,no
>
> 		Whether you want to generate the Silverlight/Moonlight
> 		libraries and toolchain in addition to the default
> 		(1.1 and 2.0 APIs).
>
> 		This will produce the `smcs' compiler which will
>                 reference
> 		the Silvelright modified assemblies (mscorlib.dll,
> 		System.dll, System.Code.dll and System.Xml.Core.dll)
>                 and turn
> 	  	on the LINQ extensions for the compiler.
>
> 		This option defaults to `no' and it is considered
>                 pre-alpha.

Do I therefore need to remove the code which produces smcs? If you
create without the option to not produce the moonlight code, additional
files are produced. Have a look at the spec file for the srpm at
http://pfj.fedorapeople.org/mono (you'll need to grab the srpm and look
at the spec file inside of it).

TTFN

Paul